RE: digesting E-Groups

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_ioxy.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:45:09 -0600

I missed something in my response to John Hughes. It surprises me that I didn't notice it earlier. It *is* possible to have a digest-only group. However, it must be a newsletter assembled by the moderator(s). Subscribers send their emails to the moderator (not the group) and the moderator puts them together into a newsletter and sends it out on his/her schedule. I'm not interested in moderating such a group, that's why I didn't put it together earlier. Are there enough volunteers out there to be able to serve as editors of such a group?

Note that it's also possible to have both a newsletter (Glorantha APA?) and a discussion list (Glorantha) as two separate lists. Some of us will remember Doyle Wayne Ramos-Taverner's short lived glorantha digest highlights series. That's how a newsletter would work, except that there would probably be multiple moderators, each sending out APA-like digests. They might want to organize them by topic, or some such scheme. It could actually be extremely cool if there were enough eager volunteers to do it right.