Being an EGroups Moderator

From: altfritz_at_adan.kingston.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:19:02 -0500

As moderator of 3 Egroups lists [LaceWars, Harn1876 and TheKWA] and member of about a dozen others I can certify that being an EGroups moderator is absolutely no problem. Dead Easy, in fact. Certainly not ten hours per week. Not even ten hours in ten weeks. In fact, probably not even ten hours since I set up the lists. About a half hour to configure it and about another 3 hours [accumulated] settling the odd Flame War or suspending [temporarily] people with the "I Love You" virus or "Happy 99", or whatever. As for subscribers, I recommend setting your subscription to Digest format. It will come about as often as the Glorantha digest does.

Advantages:

20 Megs of file space for maps, scenarios, pictures [ie. naturalistic Vingan warriors, hint, hint], etc, etc.

Calendar - there must be *some* Glorantha events going on... ;-)

Database - I haven't used this to its fullest potential. But I'm sure it has uses...

Howard