Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #165

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:11:58 +0200

> This ongoing debate on whether the Orlanthi or the Lunars are more
> "kick-ass" has reached a very silly level.

Thomas found me out:
:Mikko started it! Mikko started it! He's just grouchy, 'cos his mother :wears Army boots.

But nevertheless this old crouch thinks that it's important to understand how the Empire and the Heortlings wage war. It's all too easy to start to favor one side, and lose the interesting tension in the conflict. It's hardly interesting if the empire has no trouble at all with the heortlings, and not to mention unrealistic.

I don't think the Lunar Empire is anything special as empires go. I don't think they could have faced the EWF or the Godlearners. It's just the biggest thing thats around at the moment.

I wonder... when the ban lifts and the empire is exposed to the malkionists on it's western border, in how bad a mess will they be. The Lunar doctrine calls for them to conquer the whole of Genertela, but I wonder if they have the strength for it.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #166