Re: Geocities Copyright Policy

From: Graham Robinson <gjrobinson_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:07:47 -0000

Oliver Bernuetz corrects me :

> >Geo-cities under Yahoo did the exact opposite - quietly changing the
> >copyright policy. I'm afraid I don't trust 'em...
>
> Actually this is what they were going to do when they took over Geocities.
> They decided not to do this in the end and this is Geocities copyright
> statement :

<snip>

Thanks. I last heard of the incident when they were bull-headedly going ahead with the change even though they had been caught. Claimed it was all for our own good really. I joined the protest and severed all contacts with Yahoo. Good to see it actually worked.

I still don't trust 'em overly much, though...

Cheers,
Graham