Re: Rawls, Ruins, Digestion

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:13:26 -0000

Thomas wrote:

> So, under the Rawlsian idea of social justice (i.e. which
> society you'd prefer to live in if you didn't know in
> advance what place in that society you'd occupy)...

Sheesh! I'd never heard of that before. Thanks for mentioning it: what a useful concept.

Michael asked:

Ian Thomson has it online at http://home.primus.com.au/arkat/hruin.html

Loren wrote:

> DOH! Of course it is possible for the moderators to enforce the digest-
> only rule on Egroups! All they have to do is look at email settings of
> those who post before they think and change them from individual messages
> to digest. It isn't mechanical, so it is prone to charges of unfairness.

Speaking purely for myself, I would prefer a process that was automated and that was forced on everyone (thus dispelling those potential "charges of unfairness"). But this is better than nothing. I would still prefer to take Graham up on his generous suggestion, while (of course) remaining eternally grateful to Loren, Henk, Eric et al. for their heroic labours with Majordomo to date.

Cheers, Nick