Introducing Glorantha to kids

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:04:25 +0000

Hi, all,

after some hiatus due to other things going on with my life, I'm back for a while.

I'm faced with a new problem: over the holidays I'm supposed to introduce not only my girl-friend but also her kids (12 and 10) into roleplaying, and, by preference, to HW/Glorantha. I thought it might be best to have the kids play not yet initiated but extraordinary Heortling clan members. But:

do kids have any magic prior to formal initiation?

Is initiation a single event, or does it come in a couple of related, subsequent ceremonies along with age changes?

Starting with: does Voriof grant any useful magic?

Any hints or experience with this age group in Glorantha greatly appreciated, by private e-mail as well.