Re: The blood of Sartar

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:41:57 -0800

Mikko Rintasaari

>What do people look like? How do they dress? Individuals, as well as
>nationalities.

We defined Sartarites, Tarshites, and Grazers in King of Dragon Pass.

>At the moment I would really, really like to know what did Sartar the
>Changer look like, and what do his descendants look like?
>
>Was Sartar dark or light, or parhaps a readhead? (Incidentally Gunda
>should be a scandinavian style blonde, not red!). Did Sartar have a beard
>or a moustache? Did he dress simply or splendedly?

Since he came from Heortland, he would have looked much like the other immigrants (whom you've seen in KoDP).

As to the color of his hair, it's not something that most people care about -- certainly we never got comments like this from Greg during the development of KoDP! As for his attire, I imagine it depended on what he was doing. I'm sure he dressed splendidly when he married the Feathered Horse Queen. I suspect he dressed simply much of the time.

Of course, Greg and I are both American, and we are thus used to a pretty mixed batch of genetics (as compared to say Iceland). There are enough genes floating around here that you can't predict hair color from the parents. I think the Sartarites are fairly similar in this regard -- they've had a pretty turbulent history, and have ways of accepting foreigners into their gene pool.

David Dunham dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein