Appearances

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:02:12 EST

Adept asks for comments:
<< What do people look like? How do they dress? Individuals, as well as  nationalities.

 At the moment I would really, really like to know what did Sartar the  Changer look like, and what do his descendants look like?>>

For some unknown reason I imagine Sartar looking like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever; big dark hair, big teeth, clean shaven, big collars, smartly dressed (compared with the scruffy Quivini), but without a weapon. Fashion wise I'd go for the seventies-style illustrations of Steve Swenston, surrounded by tiny flying fish that look, from a distance, like insects.

<<Incidentally Gunda should be a scandinavian style blonde, not red! >> definitely.

<<What does Isidilian the Wise look like?>> ugly, he is a dwarf.

<< How do the dwarves in Boldhome dress, how do they speak?>> no idea

<<What did Pavis look like?>>

I'd go for a bearded John Lennon dressed as an ancient Assyrian or someone like Sargon.

<<Comments please, >>

Argrath I see as a football player, a hard man in defense, from the seventies/eighties. A Grahem Souness look a like. Harrek is more of a Clint Eastwood "the worlds' most powerful bearskin, are you feeling lucky" (or maybe Kirk Douglas). Beat Pot Aelwrin should be Gordon Ramsey. For Sir Ethilrist I'd go for Peter O'Toole. Godunya - Chariman Mao. Red Emperor - a ginger Lenin (it's the beard). Sor Eel the Short - the guy from Taxi, who played opposite Arnold S. in Twins. Fazzur Wideread - James Mason. Lord Death on a Horse- see Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer. Lord Moon on a Stick - Vic reeves (I made this one up - not a real Gloranthan).

Hope that helps?

Keith N