Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #170

From: Coridan <coridan_at_shai-net.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:34:18 -0000

> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:13:03 +0200
> From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
> Subject: The blood of Sartar
>
> Here's something we really miss in Glorantha.
>
> What do people look like? How do they dress? Individuals, as well as
> nationalities.
>
> At the moment I would really, really like to know what did Sartar the
> Changer look like, and what do his descendants look like?
>
> Was Sartar dark or light, or parhaps a readhead? (Incidentally Gunda
> should be a scandinavian style blonde, not red!). Did Sartar have a beard
> or a moustache? Did he dress simply or splendedly?
>
> What does Isidilian the Wise look like? How do the dwarves in Boldhome
> dress, how do they speak?
>
> What did Pavis look like? What about Flintnail Hardeye?
>
> I think these things are very important in actual roleplaying. We should
> ask Greg for his opinion, and make up the details he doesn't care about (I
> know Greg doesn't work much on the level of visual detail).
>
> Comments please,
>
> -Adept
>
> I think I think... Therefore I think I am.

I actually had the pleasure of a Glorantha fan in Japan sending me a Dojinshi (essentially, a Manga made by an Amateur group) based off of the events in Dragon pass circa 1625. The particular Manga I have shows Argrath and crew making their first encounter with Harrek, and Argrath and Harrek having a duel on a viking-style longship! Argrath uses some kind of Dragon magic to defeat Harrek, and he's shown as a young in his teens. They show a Duck! Some Humakti fellow, and a woman whom I take to be Gunda. If I can ever find the damn thing, I'll scan it and throw it up onto a website.

Are there any archives of Gloranthan art?

BTW, the illos in King of Dragon Pass were a joy, although I imagined Orlanth as having brown hair and looking like Gibson's William Wallace. :)

Chris Bell
argrath_at_agoron.com
coridan_at_shai-net.com