John Sartar

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:28:22 +0200

I pondered:
> At the moment I would really, really like to know what did Sartar the
> Changer look like, and what do his descendants look like?>>

Keith says:
> For some unknown reason I imagine Sartar looking like John Travolta in
> Saturday Night Fever; big dark hair, big teeth, clean shaven, big collars,
> smartly dressed (compared with the scruffy Quivini), but without a weapon.
> Fashion wise I'd go for the seventies-style illustrations of Steve Swenston,
> surrounded by tiny flying fish that look, from a distance, like insects.

That's an interesting visualization. For some reason I've also tought that Sartar may have been unusually dark for a Heortling.

> <<What does Isidilian the Wise look like?>> ugly, he is a dwarf.

Isn't Isidilian a mostali. So he's more of a demigod (or a small god) than a dwarf. So he's scary and impressive, but still ugly?

> <<What did Pavis look like?>>
>
> I'd go for a bearded John Lennon dressed as an ancient Assyrian or someone
> like Sargon.

Bravo! I just saw a program dedicated to John and uh... his wife, and the look with the beard is really something. I wonder if he looks a bit too pasifistic and intellectual though. Good idea though!

> <<Comments please, >>
>
> Argrath I see as a football player, a hard man in defense, from the
> seventies/eighties.

I can't stand the whole argrath thing. I'll just run my campaign, and see is an incarnation of Arkat pops up.

Incidentally Brian Blessed in the original "Black Adder" season made me think of "the Mad King of Sartar!", though propably more of a tribal orlanthi king than somebody from Sartar's line. :)

        -Adept