Re: Kralori swords  and Dojinshi

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:14:56 +0900

> True for the Chinese, but I thought the discussion was on Kralorela.
> If you examine your Genertela box set Player's Book, you will find that
> characters originating from Kralorela have "scimitar" as a cultural weapon.
> Why? Beats me.

> > I wonder, are you confusing the Kralori with the Vormaini? Though
> I definitely don't want to see any "katana" in my Glorantha either, since
> it's a very, very modern sword. The old japaniese swords are straight and
> double bladed.

 Katana had been used since around AD.8c to AD.19c, it was not "modern" sword,  Though in Japanese ancient age (AD.2-4) swords were straight (but most of them were not  double bladed). Kusanagi-no-tsurugi, one of Three Regalia of Emperor, is said to be  a straight and double bladed sword.

Chris Bell wrote:

> I actually had the pleasure of a Glorantha fan in Japan sending me a
> Dojinshi (essentially, a Manga made by an Amateur group) based off of the
> events in Dragon pass circa 1625. The particular Manga I have shows Argrath
> and crew making their first encounter with Harrek, and Argrath and Harrek
> having a duel on a viking-style longship! Argrath uses some kind of Dragon

 And there is no horizon :) Ms. Yamato draw it based on SiP info.

> magic to defeat Harrek, and he's shown as a young in his teens. They show a
> Duck! Some Humakti fellow, and a woman whom I take to be Gunda. If I can

 She said that the duck (female!) is Nerestina of Notchet, who will battle with  Argrath at Dwelnapple. Humakti is Anstad of Dunstop. Vingan is Natalina the  Vingasdottor, one of Follower of Argrath.

 You can see other her works at:
 http://www.glorantha.to/~tome/illustration/index.html

 I'm afraid you can not read what is written without Japanese font, but I believe  you can SEE them without trouble.

 Regards,