Re: Pentan Freedom

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:38:59 -0800

I wrote up a "What my father told me" for the Char-Un who are lunarised Pentans. Here is what they think is important, IMO:

"What makes a man great?

             Honour, valour and indifference to suffering make a man great. Having many horses, slaves and wives

             proves your worth to the clan. Maintaining the ways of Kargzant the Sun and honouring our ancestors

             proves our superiority over the settled people.

             A captured enemy must be given a chance to honour himself before his ancestors before he is sent to

             them; pulling out his nails or flaying him allows the chance to show his stoicism to all and to enter the

             Wandering Steppe with his pride intact. "

More of my thoughts on this are on my website in the Middle Realm > Char-Un section.

As for "freedom-loving", I don't think they are tied down in any way by their religion, in fact, Kargzant is the Wandering Sun. He goes where he wants, when he wants and sod anybody who gets in his way.

They can't be repressed as they will just gather their horses, tent, women and slaves and ride over the hill to join another clan.

Best Regards,

Wesley