Glorantha <> Earth

From: Probst, Bruce [IBM GSA] <Bruce.Probst_at_team.telstra.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:39:54 +1100

> Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi> writes: >

>Nope. They did indeed have these things in the warring states
period, which is definitely bronze age.

>Ahem. So you say that 1600 era japaniese is a sensible mix with the
Celts?

        but then writes:

>Marvelous! I've always run my G like that. Having no horizon is
interesting, and drives home the fact that G is not Earth to the players.

>Why should we have a horizon on a flat world?

        Your attitude confuses me ... on the one hand something that would be impossible on Earth offends you, but on the other hand something else impossible on Earth delights you. Do you want Glorantha to be consistent with Earth or not? (Hopefully not, otherwise many more disappointments will be coming your way.)

        As to whether "Japanese and Celts" are a "sensible mix", it's irrelevant any way ... there are no Japanese *or* Celts on Glorantha. Or Chinese, for that matter.

        If your argument is that the (rough) equivalent to early iron-age technology being around at the same time as the (rough) equivalent to late medieval technology is confusing/contradictory/nonsense, then Kralorela/Vormain should be the *least* of your problems. Technology-wise, none of Glorantha makes sense in comparison to the real world.

	Bruce Probst
	bprobst_at_netspace.net.au