Resisted in vain

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:27:11 +1100

Resisted in Vain

> And there is no horizon :) Ms. Yamato draw it based on SiP info.

>>As one of the people involved in this project - though a different
>>section - I vainly resisted* the inclusion of this section and have
>>argued against its merits ever since.

*Whoops, what I mean here is "resisted in vain" as in "to no avail"...

Cheers,

MOB Some concluding remarks from Nochet:

[XXIX. 334.90] Anbjorn Ragnarsson, Storm Voice of Orlanth: Urrr... All this arguing about the "true shape of the world" sounds like God Learner talk to me. Who are these Mercator and Longhair guys? Do we know that they're reliable. Maybe we ought to subject them to a few divine Ordeals to test their spiritual purity. I suggest a dunking chair to be followed by branding. Then they should be tossed into the air, encased in lead after they land, and finally buried. This will test them against all of the basic elements. I leave it to my Humakti colleagues to suggest how the other basic Universal traits should be tested upon them.

[XXIX. 334.91] Anbjorn Ragnarsson, Storm Voice of Orlanth is unfortunately confusing the defense of orthodoxy with propagation of heresy. If he would like to debate this matter further, I can give him the number of Mercartor's room in the temple (being sworn to the God of Truth, I could scarcely deny him this interesting factual snippet). Clement Longhair.

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
Department of Science and Mathematics Education The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052 Australia
           Telephone: +613-8344-8526  mobile: 04-3828-9048
           Email me : mailto:mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html