Re: Egroups & Filters

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:59:13 +0000 (GMT)

Nick Eden wrote :
> I don't know much about the virtues and vices of Egroups, but if
> something could be done to block any messages sent in HTML instead of
> plaintext then it would help them get my vote.

as I've mentioned, it would be possible to filter incoming mail to majordomo (with a little work!) to automatically cut all non-plain text portions of a message, and then discard the message it that leaves it blank. This would solve both the problem of spammers (most of whom use HTML posting) and those who accidently left their MIME browser turned on.

Cheers,
Graham