Re: some questions about heroquesting

From: Michael Hitchens <michael_at_cit.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:12:30 +1100 (EST)

I've only read the rules once, so maybe I'm missing the points and this is unnecessary. Sorry if it is.

I'm unclear about what limits there are on how and where heroquesting takes place.

The rules imply heroquests take place on the other side - well more than imply, the first subheading in chapter 2 of the narrator's book is Heroquests: Adventures on the other side.

But what about the various references to HQ on the mundane plane, for example the reference in Biturain Varoshes' travels to a Humakti (I think) with the light of Heroquestingin his eyes and the KoDP battle encounter with the Elmali? I know the first has been Gregged to pieces and the second might be incarnating not heroquesting, but the question remains.

I also have a question about how heroquesting is carried out. The implication is that it happens on the other side, but many illustrations in KoDP show props being used to mimic the actions (for example the end of the querst where Heler is rescued). Is this really how it happens? If it's all happening on the other side I would have thought such things unnecessary.

Any guidance gratefully recieved

Michael