From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 13:44:51 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

Once again, sorry for taking so long to respond to everyone's comments. I'm afraid I can never keep up.

Some quick notes of thanks:

Thanks to Bernard for the 'Visit to Jillaro' piece (http://www.geocities.com/bernuetz/stories/jillaro.html), it's very useful.

Thanks to Stephen for the comments regarding Hwarin's cult's function. It makes sense to me, hence it's IMG. Thanks to Peter & Martin for all their comments.

Thanks to MOB for his comments on Moonboats, and the link to the SIP extract. My YBOT's are back home, I'll check them out after vacation.

Some responses and questions:

Peter says (#186):
>As far as I understand it, DaraNi is an amalgam of
>Sylilans and Dara Happan colonists. Because of its
>brutal treatment by Alkoth, there's not much in the
>way of Alkothi practices there now.

Ok, so basically no Darjiini influence, then, is that correct?

Also from Peter:
>>* Rist
>
>A number of "Old Centers", the largest of which seems
to be
>the Palace of Flowers. Since that isn't too far away
from
>Thubana, the official there could handle both regions
from
>Thubana or spend half his time smoking magic petals
at the
>Palace of Flowers. Wonder if there's a petal throne
there?

Where can I learn more about Rist and the Palace of flowers?

When you refer to 'Old Centers', would that be old Aldryami forests/groves?

Jerome mentions a writeup by Harald Smith of Hwarin Dalthippa. I can't seem to find this. Jerome, can you let me know where this is?

Martin says:
>The Rufelza cult is a
>"class" cult at core,
>but the Odaylings had such a radically different
class
>structure to the DHs
>that the Rufelzan doctrine has little appeal for
them.

and also:
>I would agree that Jillaro is large enough to have a
mob,
>though I think it
>has a _small_ mob at that. Therefore I think that
the Rufelza
>cult is also
>small and localised to perhaps one temple in the
city's poor
>quarter, while
>the 7Ms will have a much more imposing presence. I
also think
>that Jillaro
>is the only city in Sylila with a full Rufelzan
temple.

Should we assume that descendants of immigrants (Pelorians and DH's) are the main worshippers of Rufelza in Jillaro?

Thanks,
Theo

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. http://shopping.yahoo.com/