Annilla Eclipsing

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:38:36 -0500

On Thursday, December 28, 2000, at 02:45 PM, Trotsky:

> don't see how the Blue Moon could eclipse the sun myself - it's
> further away from the Lozenge than the sun is, IIRC. True, it must go behind
> the sun every now and then, but given that you can't see it anyway I doubt
> that that would be terribly significant except possibly in some weird way to
> the Annillans.

Annilla doesn't eclipse the sun (as viewed from the ground) while traversing the Dome--She eclipses it while she falls through the center of the world, manifesting her "Blue Streak".

If she falls at night, no issue, except perhaps for some star or planet worshippers. If she falls during the day, the invisible eclipse would fall almost anywhere on the Inner World, depending on what time of day. I realize that in my earlier post, I had only visualized the invisible eclipse occurring at noon.

In fact, if the eclipse happened exactly at noon on a spring or summer equinox, AND we can assume that Annilla rises as high on the Sky Dome as Yelm (I'm not at all sure we can assume that) THEN at that exact moment Annilla and Yelm would be in the same place.

Sounds like a prophecy of doom to me. Surely the White Moonies would fasten on it. And the Blue Moon Annillans might be planning to assassinate the Sun.

Now, these eclipses projected on the Inner World would be VERY quick, since Annilla moves so fast as she plummets to the underworld. Their path would trace a line from the edge of the universe to the center of Magasta's Pool.

And there's still the question of what effect an invisible eclipse has.

Mike Dawson Macintosh Tech Director on severance mdawson_at_mac.com http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson Sent to you using Mac OS X - the future of Macs!

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #197