Moon and Orlanth 4 Weapons

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_ioxy.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:58:21 -0600

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com> replies to Andrew Larsen:
> >1) Orlanth's 4 Weapons are symbolic of his victory over the
> other elements.
> >What about the Moon?
>
> Orlanth hasn't conquered the Moon so he doesn't have one. Also the
> Orlanthi may see the Moon as being either chaos (which Orlanth has
> defeated but since it isn't an element, he doesn't have a magical
> weapon for it) or sky rather than an element in its own right.

On the other tentacle, Mr. Larsen may have been asking if the Moon had 4 weapons symbolizing her conquest of the other elements. The lunar armies certainly use combined arms, and some of the lunar goddesses have multiple arms with multiple, different weapons in them, so if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say "yes, the moon does have magic weapons that symbolize her conquest of the younger elements."

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #199