Emperor Thalurzni(1)

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:22:52 +0900

French Mythologist Dumesil (misspelling?) Taxomony roughly classified three simple categories of Aryan Patheon God Role: King (Odin), Warrior (Tyr) and Healer (Frey). Ancient Chinese Emperors in many classics are as usual rule in Alteration with Intervention of Writers, changed and switched from Gods to Heros and from Heros to Gods mutually for some purpose (One of Ancient Greek Mythographers coined word the process from Heros to Gods. But I forgot this word.)

If Storytellers too sought categorization and caricature in these characters, they sometimes lost complexity and intrication which fascinates audience who sought another interest about non-intentional connotation. I can see this phenomenon even in Legendary Roman Five Wise-Emperors Tales. Nerva, Trajanus, Hadrianus, Pius, Marcus Aurelius. Some keeps Nature of Plant God (like Julius Caesar, he was killed in March 15...Why?) or Child God...We cannot distinguish these unintentionals from True Histrical Stories. Some Gods are actually Real for Chinese Tradition.

Metsyla Solomon, Confucius, (Yin)
Shavaya Fire, Sun, Egyptian Phalaoh, Emperor Yellow Huang-Ti (Yang) Daruda: Avalokitesvara, Emperor Sinnou Shen-nung (Bull), Fukki Fu Xi
(Serpentine Legs) (Balance) Darkness, Roman Trajanus
Thalurzuni: Smith, Wayland, Cullervo (Illmarinen?), Emperor Sengyokku Juan Xu, Uu Zi-Yu(Storm and Iron) (Yin), Hadrianus Mikaday: Emperor Gyou Yao (Yang) Earth, Pius Vayobi: Emperor Cyuu (Evil), Antonius, Mikabosi, Star, Ambidextrous
(Harmony) Water

 Unofficial Mystic Sect of Kralorela

RW China, almost all of basic Sect of Philosophy appeared in from BC8th to BC2nd, during transition between Bronze Age and Iron Age, Warring States Period. Most of them lost influence during long history or oppressed by Requirement of Orthodox Policy, most important two survived, Confucianism and Taoism.

Teacher didn't teach about Monster, Power, War and Diety.  (The Analects of Confucious)

Wise men don't do anything. They prefer only as being.  (Lao-Tzu)

Aristotle explained all things from Point of Duality, biased View distinguished between Urban Life and Rural Life from Public Facility, Farm and Water Irrigation, and Civilzation required them for maintaining population in City and their Culture, and Kralorela is One of Most Dense Populated Countries of Glorantha and Cenralized Government. Though both sects are relatively negative to Centralization, first United China from Warring States Period derived from Philosophy of Branch Taoism Sect, they has most antipathy against Conventional Traditionalism and "the ethical doctrine that human nature is fundamentally good" attitude of Meng-Tzu Confucianism, and they wrote about Machiavellism and Requirement of Evil in Prince for Political Unity.

I guess Two Mainstream in Gloranthan Kralorela...Ancient (Relatively Logical and Urbanized Tendency) Metsylan Philosophy and (Relatively Pro Rural-Preference and Mystical) Darudaism (Dragon is Symbol of Nature), but there is no detailed description about Metsylan Seventeen Lessons to Perfection here, I remember description about Bad Conventional Custom of Kralorela mostly came from Metsylanism in Gloranthan Prosopaedia, I also know Existence of NyangMaoism...resemlance with Indian Jainism (in RW Chinese counterpart is difficult to find). But in RW, Indian Jainism Caste are mostly Vaisha...Today Merchant Caste. Maybe I can ignore them.
(I remember GS mentioned about Resembrance of Pelorian Rashran and
Kralorelan Metsyla about Illumination in Older Texts)

A man of ability isn't always hero.

Humanity is limited state. Ordinary people aren't always lovely for men of ability. But with the eye of almighty One, extraordinaries are sometimes out of nature and sometimes never permitted harmony of their desire and capability, and urge them against welfare of people. Many tyrants are very capable but they lost love with inferior fellows and used them to disastor and misfortune against Fate. Some miracles without unknown reason for men salvaged them with intention of Heaven, these ability from monotony of World, and gave them right position in a World and Golden Age.

Tradition gave Authority to Position like Priest-Kings Ancient City States of Mesopotamia, but what is Power? Power is coming from Freedom to do something New...If you carry long tradition, you always search the thing way to tradition, because you are not upstart general of New Dynasty...and you should bestow your servants right to do freely, so they gain power which you cannot handle, and you eventually lost way from Gap of Reality and Tradition. You will lose your throne.

    Emperor Thalurzuni

Reference: Some Germanian Famous Folklore about Legendary Blacksmith..Wayland and "Wicked" Dwarf Metalsmiths from Edda and Saga. And Memory of Hadrianus from Margritte Yourcenar also useful for description of Capability. His achievement also have some resemblace to Kalevalan Smith Illmarinen, etc....Maybe my image to Chinese Alchemy greatly biased from many resources, I dare to maintain to this image for many purpose, especially for his young age. For Glorantha, some of articles briefly commented about contact to Ancient Kralorela, Troll Pack Uz Lore: Chaos War Map, Troll Gods Cult Book: Basko Black Sun, Starter Rune Quest Set: Introduction to Glorantha. Ancient Chinese Legend is also useful, about God Emperor Shun and Da-yu. Some Eastern Gloranthan Writing coming from Greg Stafford, Alex Ferguson and Nils Weinander. Ye Booke of Tentacles #2 made some quotation about Ancient Kralorela. Site of Nils and Issaries com. still maintains elder articles for Non GTA members.

From Plutarch of Lyleket
To Milord, Gilam of Estau

Here is my excerpt about local worship and folklegends for Emperor of Mystical Age Kralorela. It's good source for our current research application to case study. But it can become show case of Non Enlightened Ordinaries, it is written with Neutral and Orthodox Lhankor Mhy Style without Analysis and numerical value.

You can find there seems to be numerous misunderstandings for peculiar characteristic with Non-logical Structural Culture, and I should not comment about your previous life cycle here. But these are superficial taking for this source. Importance is there are many good examples for way of reconstruction of Mysticism in buffer Area between Vithela and Genertela. They perceive "Draconic" Straight Line neither Theistic Scattered Timeline nor Vithelan Cyclical Style in Mystical Age. Very Suitable for your plan to take Throne of Yellow Dragon with reusing this mystical backlash situation and renaissance of "More Traditional" structure. Your Point of View is always excellent and we can stress some useful accent to our New Dragon Ring with it.

Sincerely yours:

Timekeeping: Zzabur started Timekeeping soon after Ehilm first disintegrated as Dara Happan Celestial Record with his Great Sandglass, it is not important for most people Timekeeping before first Death appeared in Middle World, except some who attached great importance to Logic and Plan, Brithini and Mostali are included in this category. Zzabur made first hourglass and Mostali kept Timerecord with their accurate biological clock, Kralorelans also knew Timekeeping for their original religious matter and made first Water Clock in First Mystical Age. Dara Happans didn't know these accurate Timerecord and their accurate Skywatching was blocked for this Error, Timekeeping is cause between Subjectivity and Objectivity, and Dara Happan Sundial is not from these Ideal. City Kuchawn maintains Ancient Sky Record before Sun Routine with the Technology which Dara Happans didn't possess.

Alchemy: Since Age of Price Bertalor, our sorcerors have avariciously sought Arts of Other Nations, that is why they have zealously supported our actions, we can now find sufficient materials make chance which their appetite will filled with. Kralorelans are well known for their Eldest Excellent Arts but Conservative attitude to Outsider Scholars. Thalurzuni was the Originator.

Notation: Our Notation Style of Kralorelan Emperors are always come from Orthodox Seshnelan Method since Our First Explorers made first contact with Land of Splendor. So Shang Viang coming to Shavaya, you Shang Hsa coming to Shansar, please mention about it.

Predecessors
Ouroboros was All, is All and will be All and Beyond. But Possibility came from Impossibility, human came from Dragon. Cosmic Dragon came from Ouroboros, Grand Ancestral Dragon came from Cosmic Dragon. Six Philosophical Elements Ancestral Dragons came from Grand Ancestry. The One, most of most is TarnGatHa, First Ruler of Vithela, Splendid Land of East. Source of Mysticism and Truth. (Plutarch: They are Celestial Court of Spike
(Imadsalash) in our Unified Mythology. But Kralorelans think they are all
Draconic Existence. Please refer about my research of EWF Religion and Kralorela Parallel.)

One day, Grand Ancestry decided creating Inhabitants of World which he and his sons created, but there are no residents yet. And TarnGatHa ordered his most beloved son, HeenMaroun to creat inhabitants most suitable in Limited Mundane World.HeenMaroun created Ebe from some Parts from Dragon, other Parts from Orxilli (his descendents are Giants, they have some resemblance to Humans in physically, but mentally No.), Matter of Entanglement, he is most suitable existence in Limited World, World itself came from both Good and Evil.

But Other True Dragons mistakenly understood this world, and in Land of Hemkarba, they bored their own Eggs and Poor Dragonewts hatched from this Area immaturely. They mistakenly conceived this world, and lost their identity and have wanted memory though in the abandoning Garden of Temptation and wanted resting place Eggs though in the regreting vanity of Flesh in Long Sansara from that Ancient Day. Most of them eternally cannot escape from Cycle but most of Luckies want only independent and selfish Ascension. (Some of these unhappy Dragonpuppies live in Land of Splendor yet. Golden Dragon have mercifully admitted their existence in his Domain.)(Plutarch: as Brithini Concept of False Gods, Kralorelans see Great Ones of Otherside were human gained Great Power with Some Method.)

But still Unhappy Ebe was very Lonely, and mated with Many Nonlivings and many False Races. Dragons gracefully forgave his errors, and made his right wife, Okerio, he and Okerio happily lived in Eastern Dragon Nest, and made many human families of Yellows. (Some of Non Yellow Humans birthed from Ebe and Okerio, but they soon refused blessing of Dragon from Fear and Doubt, and was banished from Blissful Eastern Land.)(Plutarch: Grandfather Mortal, but Vithelans saw Ebe and Okerio as Primal Existence of Higher Gods, please remember it.)

Gods are Giants who admit their false Existence with Entanglement, but still cannot abandone their Half-Nature for Some reason and Heros who is descendants of Ebe and Okerio but gains Great Power in Material World as Giants. Because of their weakness and understanding about Humanity, some of them became meditator and conciliator between Dragons and Humans, becoming Subjects in the Court of Ancient Vithela and TarnGatHa. Dragon Emperors also have maintained their human form for rescuing their subjects from False Entity as Gods, but after all they eventually abandone their human form and let Selects go to Draconic World.
But Bad Giants still remembered Fear and Lose of Battle between Dragons and Giants escaped from Eastern Dawn, and chose living in Dusk and West of Great Mountains ShanShan. They are revered as AntiDragon from NonEastern Humans. Worst of them became False Dragons as Sekever, they disguised Shape of True Dragons, and deceived innocents who sought Truth.

Dragons one by one bored this world and departed from Middle World, and gradually descendants of Ebe has forgotten Draconic Truth and TarnGatHa who sat on the Highest Throne of Light. They started Worship of Gods, Idols with many similarity with Ancient Enemy of Dragons, Giants and Dream Ideal, Avanapdur. Some of Dragons still living in Middle World warned them. But many of them couldn't understand Greatness of True Dragons, and they fled from Confronting Truth except One. Most Wise Son of Ebe, Aptanace. TarnGatHa advised him escaping from Vileness of Dream and Oren Parond, and living under Wing and Backbone of HeenMaroun. Aptanace first refused his suggestion out of fear with Western Evil Giants. But TarnGatHa taught him Vision of Future Vithlash, and finally he accepted, went Westernland with his family. TarnGatHa left Middle World after his departure. Others who was forsook from Bless of TarnGatHa became Hankalo, who still revered TarnGatHa and HeenMaroun, but forgot their True Draconic Face. Many Lands have sank because of their Errors. (Plutarch: We should always try Utilization and Unification, we see this Age as End of Green Age and Keltari War aka Awareness War.)

Finally Aptanace came to the Foot of ShanShan and Imadsalash and HeenMaroun showed his Truebody and vastness, Aptanace happily admitted Safetiness of Kerendaruth, and his Sons started KraLor Cultivation since. Giants were barriered from East for Backbone of HeenMaroun (He was called Korgatsu there), Aptanace taught Vithelan Glory to Natives in the cource of Draconic Wisdom, some of them accepted and abandoned brutal way, but others foolishly ignored their ancestry from Ebe and left from Lowland. They forgot Draconic Ability of Shapeshifting and shift to Minor Status Beastfalk, Hsunchen Shapeshifters. (Plutarch: This Point of View is highly biased to Kralorelans, we think this point is rather contrary: Hsunchens taught Draconic Trasformation to Kralorelans.)

Metsyla was One of Family Members from Great Thrunhin Dah, Brother of Great True Dragon who was still active at that time, but he emblaced broadly Heretical Mysticism of Hankalo for Political Generosity and his reign overly immbalaced to Urbanized Life. He also knew Greatness of Dragon HeenMaroun but made false rites for Great ShanShan Mountains, so he has slipped to Deep Sleep without Dream since then. Metsyla called himself Golden Phoenix Emperor and slighted Importance of Draconic Nature and made many Temples of Giants for his wives. He too approved Virtue of Generosity to admit Shadow and Fragileness of Humble Residents, and addressed All people would become Gods of his Temples. His Domain included many World before Thrunhin Dah angered his Arrogance. After Storm Demon Kahar came to Deep Sea Court, Thrunhin Dah angrily called many Sea Dragons and Great Sea Dragon Samako
(Sramake), they sank most of Great Abzered. Demonic Merman Zabdamar were
born from Corpse of Demon Kahar, and have attacked Land Residents since then.
(Plutarch: End of Golden Age and Start of Gods War. We always find
difficulty to identifying Vithelan Oorsu Sara with Mystical Age Orlanth, because they didn't keep simultaneous Celestial Record as Dara Happans. As we all know in One Timepoint of All Mythology, Sky went fron Golden to Blue Color. Ehilm was killed by Worlath. Govemeranen was banished from Realm of Oorsu Sara in Insight War, who knows? I guess Osdero was killed in Middle Storm Age.)

Shavaya was one of Descendant of Western Giants, he came from Northern Territory Near Chern Durel and Hsunchens. Shavaya helplessly guarded his Land with his Golden Light which is bestowed from Great Star Mystics, he knew Existence of HeenMaroun but didn't know how he would make the Great Dragon from Torpor. He fought against Demons from Chern Durel and Western Broken World Chips. He made Solarstorm Third Eye Open, but it wasn't enough. After all, Sekever the False Dragon slipped in Kerendaruth and he deceived Subjects of Shavaya, let them rebel against Sincere Shavaya, he was tragedically killed by his ignorant Subjects.

Sekever was taught Marshal Arts from Herespur, servant of Avanapdur and Antigods and disguised Draconic Form and killed Shavaya on Hilltop of Dawn. He made False Court of KraLor and let Demons mimic Parody of Golden Phoenix Imperial Court. At Worst Time, as Prophesy taught, Daruda travelled to Hemkarba, in that land still living True Dragons guarded Wretched Dragonpuppies from Evil Hands of Demons. Daruda salvaged Draconic Truth where also died for Change of World, and revived Flower of Truth, Wisdom of TarnGatHa and HeenMaroun. When he returned from Western Land, Nature itself awakened with Intellect (but even Daruda couldn't awake HeenMaroun), and Sekever couldn't remain his False Disguise. Darudan Dragons and Sekeveran Living Deads and Demons crashed in Battlefield.
(Plutarch: Avanapdur and Herespur wreaked havoc in the Realm of Hankalo,
Opinion War. We identify this Event with Chaos Army and Devil breaking in Spike.)

His Birth & Emperor Daruda
Thalurzuni and Halisayan
Dragon speaks about Change of World
Future Apocalypse & Mandara, Alchemy
Making Pill of Immortality
Fight against Four Gangs
Chaos Army and Ignorance
His Son and Mikadey
His Ascension and Summerland

Alchemy: I can see resemblance between Kralorelan Alchemy and our Western Alchemy

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #200