Re: Lunar weapons

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:05:54 +0000 (GMT)

Andrew Larsen wrote :
> Well, that's an interesting idea as well, but what I was thinking was
> more along the lines of whether Orlanth's struggle with the Red Goddess
> could be made easier if someone heroquested to steal a 5th weapon from the
> Goddess, to go alongside the other 4 weapons symbolizing his conquest of
> them. If so, any ideas what that weapon might be?

The only obvious weapon that springs to mind is the scimitar - but that's really more a Yanafil Tarnils weapon than a Lunar one per se. No doubt heroquesting to steal such a weapon, or to prevent Humakt's initial defeat would aid the Orlanthi cause. That's probably more for the Humakti than Orlanthi per se, though. Perhaps a Humakti to remove the scimitar from Lunar hands, and an Orlanthi to use it himself?

Loren observes that the Lunars appear to have access to all the elemental weapons, and for similar reasons to Orlanth. Again, this is a strong parallel between the two cultures/religions - a key component of the conflict. Heroquesting to re-impose Orlanth's dominance of these weapons would be a great help in the battles to come.

Cheers,
Graham

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #201