RE: The Glorantha Digest V8 #200

From: Coridan <argrath_at_agoron.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:08:01 -0000

Well, the below would probably involve a group of Orlanthi Heroquesting into Godtime to divine and uncover the direct relationship between Rufelza/Natha/etc and Orlanth.

<Storm Voice Mode ON>

My speculation is that the reason that Orlanth is so weak against Rufelza is not due to any power or secrets, but simply because he holds his full fury and might back. You see, Kinslaying is the most chaotic of all Orlanthi crimes. Rufleza, via Wakboth and Ragnaglar, is Orlanth's kin. Thus, does insidious Chaos find a way to overcome the nobility of Old King Storm. She seeks to replace the freedom of the winds with locked in, chained cycles of moon... change that never changes, mobility that is forever static. Certainly, the work of Chaos!

Only through the Draconic Wisdoms, which bespeak the ultimate transcendance and sacrifice of Utuma, can King Storm overcome the Nysaloran lies and save the world. Red Moon lies must be overcome with Blue Aroka truths!

Hail Utuma and the 7 Winds! Hail the 7 Lightbriners, saviors of the world! Hail the newly arisen EWF!

A Draconic saying...

Gbaji's face, Nysalor's Face. King Storm, Queen Moon. The Cosmic Dragon, Kajabor. The difference?

Responsibility.

All purely IMO.

<Storm Voice mode /OFF>

(Hey, this stream of consciousness stuff works for Terra Incognita, why not me? :)

I highly suspect that a band of barbarian heroquesters who were to journey into Godtime to gain weapons to break the powers of the Red Goddess would encounter at least as much difficulty as Arkat encountered on his quest to destroy Gbaji/Nysalor.

Best wishes for a happy sacred time and new year,

Chris Bell
argrath_at_agoron.com
coridan_at_shai-net.com
chris.t.bell_at_chase.com