Sylilan gods

From: Posselt, Theo (US - Foster City) <"Posselt,>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:34:42 -0600

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

Peter -

thanks for the comments. One general question, and then some specific ones. Generally, I had been thinking that Jillaro (not Sylila in general, just Jillaro) would have some numbers of skilled craftsmen from other parts of the empire. Thus in Jillaro you'd have shrines or temples to craft-specific 'foreign' gods such as Yestendos or Anaxial (for the Darjinnian or Yuthuppan shipwrights in the city). Does this ring true?

On to some specifics:

>>As part of my endless stream of Sylilan questions, I'm
>>interested gods that craftsmen would worship.
>
>As the Sylilans are descended from Orlanthi, it's probable that
>their crafters would worship Orlanthi Gods. Thus we would have
>Gustbran the Redsmith and Minlister the Brewer from KoS, Pananala
>the Potter from an Ernalda myth that was up on glorantha.com

See above. I should have specified that I was talking about Jillaro, with it's immigrants and mixtures.

>>So far I have:
>>* Lodril the Shaper
>
>Lodril is inappropriate for Sylila as the land is no good for
>Lodrili style farming. There are the Ten Sons and Servants of

Thanks for the info re: the Ten Sons, I hadn't heard of them. Follow up question: what would skilled craftsmen (potters, smiths, etc) worship in Dara Happa - the Ten Sons, or Lodril the Shaper, or both?

>>* Yestendos or Anaxial (for shipwrights)
>
>The Sylilans would not worship these blokes and crafting isn't
>their worshippers day job.

But would there be immigrants from Yuthuppa or Darjiin who would?

If not, who would shipwrights in the empire worship?

>>* a shepherd's god (for weavers). Isn't there an
>>Orlanthi god of this?
>
>Voriof. However Ernalda is the goddess who weaves AFAIK.

Thanks. I'm making a call IMG that Sylila is a major source of wool (because the land is comparatively poor), and thus Jillaro is a major city for weaving. Since wool seems more Orlanthi than Dara Happan, I assume that the weavers would worship an orlanthi god. Ernalda it is.

Theo
- - This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. - If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version = 5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>Sylilan gods</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Peter -</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>thanks for the comments.&nbsp; One general question, = and then some specific ones.&nbsp; Generally, I had been thinking that = Jillaro (not Sylila in general, just Jillaro) would have some numbers = of skilled craftsmen from other parts of the empire.&nbsp; Thus in = Jillaro you'd have shrines or temples to craft-specific 'foreign' gods = such as Yestendos or Anaxial (for the Darjinnian or Yuthuppan = shipwrights in the city).&nbsp; Does this ring true?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On to some specifics:</FONT> </P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;As part of my endless stream of Sylilan = questions, I'm</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;interested gods that craftsmen would = worship.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;As the Sylilans are descended from Orlanthi, = it's probable that</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;their crafters would worship Orlanthi = Gods.&nbsp; Thus we would have</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Gustbran the Redsmith and Minlister the Brewer = from KoS, Pananala</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;the Potter from an Ernalda myth that was up on = glorantha.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>See above.&nbsp; I should have specified that I was = talking about Jillaro, with it's immigrants and mixtures.</FONT> </P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;So far I have:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;* Lodril the Shaper</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Lodril is inappropriate for Sylila as the land =
is no good for</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Lodrili style farming.&nbsp; There are the Ten = Sons and Servants of</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for the info re: the Ten Sons, I hadn't heard = of them.&nbsp; Follow up question: what would skilled craftsmen = (potters, smiths, etc) worship in Dara Happa - the Ten Sons, or Lodril = the Shaper, or both?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;* Yestendos or Anaxial (for =
shipwrights)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;The Sylilans would not worship these blokes and =
crafting isn't</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;their worshippers day job.</FONT> </P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But would there be immigrants from Yuthuppa or = Darjiin who would?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If not, who would shipwrights in the empire = worship?</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;* a shepherd's god (for weavers).&nbsp; Isn't = there an</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&gt;Orlanthi god of this?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Voriof.&nbsp; However Ernalda is the goddess who =
weaves AFAIK.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks.&nbsp; I'm making a call IMG that Sylila is a = major source of wool (because the land is comparatively poor), and thus = Jillaro is a major city for weaving.&nbsp; Since wool seems more = Orlanthi than Dara Happan, I assume that the weavers would worship an = orlanthi god.&nbsp; Ernalda it is.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Theo</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>- This message (including any attachments) contains = confidential information intended for a specific individual and = purpose, and is protected by law.&nbsp; - If you are not the intended = recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that = any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking = of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0750C.330B4D90--