Sylila Gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:24:27 +1300

Theo Posselt:

>Thus in Jillaro you'd have shrines or temples to craft-specific
>'foreign' gods such as Yestendos or Anaxial (for the Darjinnian
>or Yuthuppan shipwrights in the city).

While foreign craftgods will be there, I'll have to take issue with Anaxial and Yestendos.

Yestendos and Anaxial are not craft-specific gods. Anaxial was an Emperor and would not be worshipped by mere artisans. Yestendos sailors make their own boats (rather than have recourse to a shipright) and Moonboats are only able to be built in Darjiin.

> >Lodril is inappropriate for Sylila as the land is no good for
> >Lodrili style farming. There are the Ten Sons and Servants of

>Thanks for the info re: the Ten Sons, I hadn't heard of them.
>Follow up question: what would skilled craftsmen (potters,
>smiths, etc) worship in Dara Happa - the Ten Sons, or Lodril
>the Shaper, or both?

I haven't heard of the Lodril the Shaper before but the ten sons include the basic craft gods of Dara Happa.

> >The Sylilans would not worship these blokes and crafting isn't
> >their worshippers day job.

>But would there be immigrants from Yuthuppa or Darjiin who would?

While there certainly would be Darjiinians in Jillaro, I have extreme doubts about Anaxial being significant there. He only has about three thousand worshippers in and around Yuthuppa and most of them aren't connected with shipbuilding.

>If not, who would shipwrights in the empire worship?

Oslira the river goddess or Ostevius the Carpenter.