Lunar units

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:51:49 EST

Gareth Martin writes:
>HW says that each unit is raised locally, outfitted and trained locally,
>worships local gods and practices local techniques. I find it very
>difficult, under these circumstances, to understand what is "imperial"
>about the army. It has no Lunar units proper;

There are many "Lunar" units. Though perhaps there is a semantic difference here? To me "Lunar unit" is a unit who venerate a Lunar deity. If thats the case, consider the many Lunar units that exist.

In my own lists of units, the following are Lunar (not including garrison or House Regiments of which there are many)

Bloodspillers
Blue Moon School
Crater makers
Grimsoliders
Hell Sisters
1st Household Foot
2nd Household Foot
3rd Household Foot
Moonarrow
Mothers Guard
Red Dragoons
Standfast
University Guards
Redarm
Spell Archers
Iron Maidens
Wyvern Riders
Silver Shields
Nathic Avengers
Entropic Alchemists
Silver Sable Lancers
Crimson Bat
Unriver
Horror Forged
Red Hairs
Stalwarts
Jillaro Cutters
Bear's Claw
War Daughters
many Colleges of Magic
Folorn Hope
Penitents
Chained

These units all worship Lunar deities. The many other regiments in the Empire don't but
they are still part of the Imperial system.

That point made, I would also like to say that as Empires go the Lunar Empire is no different to the Persian Empire of Xerxes or the Seleucid Empire or the Mongol Empire for its variety of troops and the divergent sources its armies are drawn from. Why should _any_ Empire based in Peloria with all its rich and full cultures be any different?

Martin Laurie