Vinga

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:17:44 +0200

Jane wrote:
> Posting under the influence of Malia here, so this will be even less
> coherent than usual :(

Same here. Influenza, I think.

> So, if Vinga really is 100% female-only, why is she turning male
> worship away?

I don't think this is terribly complex. Vinga is a female thunderbrother, a warrior of Orlanth. She shows a path for female warriors (she is not the only one, I'm sure there are more female thunderbrothers).

A man may honor her, and be taught her style of fighting by Vinga or her followers, but for the most part there should be no reason for a man to identify himself primarily by her.

I think men and women sacrifice to her and seek her aid against darkness, and ask her to protect their children and loved ones.

I also like the Vinga Pathfinder aspect we see in KoDP, and I think people travelling to unknown lands sacrifice to this adventuring Goddess (regardless of gender).

        -Adept