Re: Rufelza, daughter of Glorantha and Wakboth

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:14:14 +0000 (GMT)

Andre wrote :

> >>How is Rufelza related to Wakboth?
>
> > She is the daughter of Glorantha and Wakboth (HW:RiG p85).
>
> Rufelza was created by Teelo Estara in 1247. So why is she the daughter of
> Glorantha and Wakboth (Glorantha is transzended, Wakboth is destroyed by
> then)?
>
> Also Sedenya canīt be the daughter of Glorantha and Wakboth, because she
> existed BEFORE Chaos entered the world (at least one of her incarnations
> did).

Only if you assume time is linear. Before the dawn (when Wakboth is destroyed) there is no linear time. Since the dawn there is, usually. However, I'd suggest that the births/significant changes of gods can only occur outside time. This is most obviously alluded to at the sunstop. Thus, the birth of Rufelza at the events of Castle Blue occurs outside of time, and thus can be as contradictory as any pre-dawn myth, when viewed linearly. This also explains why Argrath needs to destroy the world in order to defeat her.

Cheers,
Graham