Heortling times

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:59:03 EST

I am opposed to the systematic labelling of anything by Heortlings. It is too Dara Happan, too systematic, too orderly. No one can make me get up at Barntar's hour!
Also, being more poetic I think there may be lots of allusions to the time of day but no specifics.

However, ignoring my general scepticism....

 2 AM Hour of Elmal [Yelmalio in Northern Sartar, Tolat some places]>>

Why Northern Sartar? Surely Yelmalio is strongest around the Sun Dome Temple? Heortling Tolat ?

 4 AM Hour of Urox (whose greatest act occurred before the dawn)>>

whose boozing warriors crawl home about now.

 6 AM Hour of Theya>>

I would repalce this with Uralda - Milking time

 <<7 AM Hour of Barntar (because it is time to get to work)>>

Lazy stick-a-beds.

<< 8 AM Hour of Ernalda>>

any reason?

 <<9 AM Hour of Issaries (shops open, farewells said, journeys begun)>>

I do not there are that many shops, apart from Gringle's Pawnshop. I might be wrong.

 <<Noon Hour of Yelm (duh)>>

Surely Elmal, the Sun. Midday is hardly the time to recall the Evil Emperor

 5 PM Hour of Orlanth (for the slaying of Yelm)>>

This works for us modern office workers - time to kill the evil boss and go home.

 < < 8 PM Hour of Uleria (because good people are abed by now)>>

In bed at 8, get up 11 hours later, at 7! That Uleria must be getting a lot of worship.
 <
 For 11, 1 and 2, I can't think of anything particularly fitting. I =  suppose Voriof and Uralda deserve hours of their own, but why these?

See comments about my general scepticism, above.

Keith N