Orlanthi Time

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:03:53 -0000

Weihe, David>
>Yes, but do the Orlanthi really care when they call out the hours? =20

I think the answer to that one is a uniform 'NO'. ALL Orlanthi will go = by the Sundial clock.....most farmers will get up when it gets light = enough to work...or living in close proximity to their animals they'll = get up when the Cows start DEMANDING to be milked. Animals are creatures = of habit and know when they're 'supposed' to be fed/milked etc. Its not = a unusal site for me to see a entire heard of cows making its way back = across the fields heading for the milking parlour without any human in = attendance on the farms on the oposite side to valley (although they do = need a hand if there any gates...and farmers need to guard crops of = things other than grass.....). Staring out my window now I can see the = horses linedup outside...they're convinced I'm late in feeding = them...and when the clocks go forward or back...well I have some very = annoyed horseflesh to deal with!

Of course the 15% of Urbanised Orlanthi may very well have all kinds of = clockwatching habits.......and for those other's of the Storm Tribe...I = hate to imagine the Time keeping feuds and devices in a L-M Greybeards = Temple........

DomT

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Weihe, David&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Yes, but do the Orlanthi really care when they call out the=20
hours?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think the answer to that one is a =
uniform 'NO'.=20
ALL Orlanthi will go by the Sundial clock.....most farmers will get up = when it=20
gets light enough to work...or living in close proximity to their = animals=20
they'll get up when the Cows start DEMANDING to be milked. Animals are = creatures=20
of habit and know when they're 'supposed' to be fed/milked etc. Its not = a unusal=20
site for me to see a entire heard of cows making its way back across the = fields=20
heading for the milking parlour without any human in attendance on the = farms on=20
the oposite side to valley (although they do need a hand if there any=20 gates...and farmers need to guard crops of things other than = grass.....).=20
Staring out my window now I can see the horses linedup outside...they're =

convinced I'm late in feeding them...and when the clocks go forward or=20 back...well I have some very annoyed horseflesh to deal =

with!</FONT></DIV>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Of course the 15% of Urbanised Orlanthi =
may very=20
well have all kinds of clockwatching habits.......and for those other's = of the=20
Storm Tribe...I hate to imagine the Time keeping feuds and devices in a = L-M=20
Greybeards Temple........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>DomT</FONT></DIV>