Emperors of the EWF

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:34:56 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>8: Who is Emperors of EWF? I heard about them.

A Dragon Emperor of the humans is mentioned in Ingolf's Saga (KoS p188) at the fall of the EWF. But I don't know when this post was instituted: When Vistikos Lefteye started the EWF? When Isgandrang enslaved the people? When the Third Council was formed? When the Council demanded to be worshipped as Gods?

Hrestol Arganitis (KoS p181-184) does not know anything about a Dragon Emperor in 700 ST or so but instead refers to an Inner Brotherhood ruling in the Dragon's Eye. It is not clear whether the Inner Brotherhood mentioned rules only the Leftside Community of the Wyrmfriends (thereby requiring another Inner Brotherhood to rule the Rightside).

It's been assumed that the Dragon Emperor was the head of the Inner Brotherhood. OTOH he could just as easily be a lowly minister responsible for all undraconized humans, freeing the Inner Brotherhood for more exalted tasks.