Re: Rufelza

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:02:50 +0000 (GMT)

Andre wrote :

> Teele Estara, the living Goddess, that was brought to life in 1220 by the
> Seven Mothers, disappeared in 1247 to become Rufelza. So Rufelza, a mask of
> Sedenya, was created in time, and canīt be the child of Glorantha and
> Wakboth.

Her creation/resurrection during time directly contradicts the great compromise. So either the compromise doesn't exist, or her creation doesn't occur during time. Osentalka's creation is accompanied by the sun stop. From the descriptions we have its fairly clear to me that this is actually a suspension of linear time. It seems equally likely that Rufelza is likewise created/resurrected during a stoppage in time. During such a stoppage the god time returns to the middle world, and non-linear relationships are possible.

Cheers,
Graham