Re: Tarkalor Trollkiller

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:22:06 EST

In a message dated 1/22/01 7:04:00PM, you write:

<< He seems to have been the leader of a warband  that kicked a lot of troll (Kitori) butt.>>

In KoS they are threatening trade routes to the south, presumeably to the Holy Country. I suspect he was a glorified caravan guard, although as the King's brotehr , and later, Uncle, it was probably a bit more than that.

<< Was his motivation simply

 that they were available enemies? Does he have a particular hatred of  Trolls?>>

I do not think there was any unusual troll hatred. He certainly doesn't continue the crusade when there are Lunar Tarshite to fight. He does make friends with Grazers and Elmali, so perhaps their enemies are his enemies.

<< Does he have any ties with the Wilmskirk Confederation? Since
 the Kitori were mostly in the Holy Country, is there some anti-Pharoah  motivation here?>>

He built a route between Wilmskirk and Kethaela early in his reign, so I suspect hee was pro- Wilmkirk, but not anti Pharoah.

 <<One thing that Joerg and I wondered about was who raised Tarkalor? Is  there any chance that he was fostered/grew up in the Wilmskirk area?  Are there any interesting snippets about his background? Does anyone  have any thoughts, or pointers to cannonical sources. Please, keep the  OOP references to a minimum.>>

IF you have KoS try page 196 as well as the main bit on P139

Keith N