Re: Weapons and worms

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:42:28 +0000

Dom Twist

> Orlanthi are regularly fighting against formations and troop
> types that their Celtic/Saxon/Viking RW equivs never did......and
> of course Magic has a major impact also...how do they cope?

I'm reminded of Arjuna's mobility feat to overcome the enemy shield formation, which - uncompletely mastered - became the death of his son.

The secret in succeeding against strong formations is either to overwhelm them, or to break them up. A feinted retreat would require some coordinating magic, so I find it most likely that Orlanthi field artillery (thunderstones) will create gaps in a formation which then are rushed.

Joerg

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #226