Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #226

From: Michael Hitchens <michael_at_cit.uws.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:51:23 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, The Glorantha Digest wrote:

> From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
> Subject: Lunar Future
>
> At 05:58 PM 1/22/2001 -0800, you wrote:
> > Thus Emperor 78 merely means that the Emperor who
> >succeeded in 1628 dies in 1640 at the hand of the nomads.
>
> The precise futue of the Imperial leaders is not fixed.
> Patience is encouraged, urged and perhaps required.

Hi Greg

I'm hoping that some of these things are never too fixed.

I'm wondering whether the intention you had back when KoS was released is still in effect.

From what I remember it went like this (and I'm paraphrasing big time and hoing my memory is reliable):

KoS represents *one* possible future for Glorantha. In fact, it represents one extreme of the range of possible futures (Argrath wins everything and there is much destruction). There will be a lunar book, which will represent the other possible extreme, and Argrath and Saratr won't play large parts in that. GMs will be free to chart there own course between the two.

I wouldn't like to think that Glorantha is definitely headed for what we see in KoS. While the 1st and 2nd ages ended in disorder and destruction, the end of the 3rd age seems much worse.

I realise publication plans have changed (a whole new game) but I'd still like to see an approach where, at some point at least, the official story line ceases to be one fixed path.

Michael

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #227