Cycle of Human Life

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:21:53 +0900

>Terra Incognita:

>>4: Can I truly identify Oorsu Sara with Orlanth?

>Probably not. Most Easterners and God Learners would identify
>Oorsu Sara and Orlanth as different entities.

>- --Peter Metcalfe

>Terra Incognita:
>>
>> To Nils Weinander:
>> 3: Do you know about Link of Great Cycle of World and More Minor Cycles
of
>> Personalities?

Samsara. Eternal Part of Soul routinely reincarnate their own body, IMO Peter Metcalph caltivated view of Chal Tradition linked to Liturgy, Human always start from Child, then Adolescence, next Adult, finally Elder. Cosmic Cycle may also have similar condition. But Dragons don't know Senility or Same Type of Spiritual Awaking or Resignation. (In Buddhism, negative "Resignation" simply means Liberation, and Love means attach to "Garden of Temptation".similar to Pessimistic Concept of Christian Augustinus or Calvin Protestant
Doctrinism in Will of One.)
They only know Death.

>Do you mean Mashunasan's interpretation of the world
>cycles as conditions of the mind evolving towards Liberation?

Yes, in some sense.

Greg Stafford:
>We'll put forth the rules for becoming immmortal. It's not asy and has to
>start (in most cases) before the death of the person.

I eagerly want it too in another sense.
I hate my Heros dying in Senility in Computer Game "King of Dragon Pass", relatively many
immortals without senility have existed in Glorantha (as Hofstaring Treeleaper) in non siritual body of Wyter, I think immortality is very important purpose of RW Legendary Heros. Very varied form of Immortality exist in Glorantha...
I feel much less magical circumstances for sacrificed to Game Balance or other objects. Monotheist's Sensibility to Immortality can be alien to a Polytheist....

God Learners distriction: I know "Time" was made from Cosmic Compromise, and all Events of Mystical Age, so to speak, simultaneously occured. But some of culture which prefer writing Timeline Table such as RW Chinese and Greek. (Dara Happan and Malkioni, Kralorelan?) IMO they like "magically" arranging Mystical Timeline in the form of Worldwide Timeline in Historical Time Stream. GLs can use it for gaining power base structure.

Green Age: Starting with Aether ascended from Eastern Horizon (See Mythos Basko of Troll Gods & Drastic Resolution: Chaos, Column Three Rivals against Yelm Enthronement)

(Sky Color is White (IMO))

Golden Age: Green Age Ending with Aether birthed Three Sons, Yelm started Golden Age. Enevar killed Antigods with Power of Govmeranen.

(Sky Color is Yellow (Golden))

Storm Age: Starting with Orlanth killed Yelm. Oorsu Sara banished Govemeranen from Three Worlds. (Herspur (Sekever?) let Black Sun rise?)

(Sky Color is Blue)

(During this Age, Malkion wedded with a Triolini, Weatag came from that pair?)
(Orlanth started Lightbringer's Quest shortly after he first met Chaos Army of Wakboth from North: King of Sartar & Map of Uz Lore.)

Great Darkness: Starting with Spike explosion. Last Star Shargash set to Western Horizon.
(Herespur dropped down City Churanpur from Heaven?) (War between Vadeli and Brithini, Ice Age)

(Sky Color is Black)

Grey (Silver) Age: Starting with I fought We won. Only Old One won. Zzabur cast Great Spell to Valind Gracier. Malkion martyred. Unity Battle & Orlanth apologised to Yelm in Underworld.)
(Mashunasan banished Avanapdur to Dream World?)

(Sky Color is Grey?(IMO))

Dawn Age: 0ST, Antirius (or Kargzant?) divided Day and Night, Hrestol received Vision of Malkion.
(Orlanth returned to Middle World. End of LBQ.)

All IMO.

>> 4: Can I truly identify Oorsu Sara with Orlanth?

Nils Weinander:
>I don't think so for a number of reasons:

>* Oorsu Sara was a highly accomplished mystic, having studied
> with one of the great sages. This fits very poorly with
> Orlanth's whole career.

Very Similarity in Pronunciation as GlorOranor and Glorantha (Greggy technic, maybe I am too skeptical to conceive "Belintar" Business... ) Secret Intriguity of Gbaji! (orlanthi shout) I can see impossibility or at least difficulty to
identification of Godlearnish Unified Mythology with Zzabur's New Logical Sets in Anaxial Roster Animal's and Others. I maybe cannot count identify Herespur to Wakboth the Devil, Vovisibor to Goapgod, etc.....

>* Oorsu Sara is destroyed and gone.

Orlanth changed himself from Outlaw, then King, next Lightbringer, finally Friend of Yelm.

>* Orlanth has a place in Vithelan myth as the antigod Serakaru
But Serakaru don't have important influence in Eastern Mythology, don't have complicated characteristic as Orlanth. If we can count limited number roles in Actors and Actresses in Divine Comedy, some Key Persons used their Main Roles from Minors as Orlanth stole some Roles from Ernalda and Earth Goddesses...