Catseye.....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:34:34 +0000

>So I'm idly perusing my RQ stuff when I noticed that one of the Yelmalio
>divine magic spells was "Catseye". What's up with that? I thought the
>preferred Yelmalio animals were horses and birds? I associate cats with
>Orlanthi, Kralori tiger hsunchen, Basmoli Berserkers and the like.

Well, I'd be willing to bet that this is one of the spells left over from when Yelmalio was good old Elmal. Probably he got it from associating with Yinkin. But modern day Yelmalions would have either no myth or a very rewritten one in which the spell was stolen from Yinkin.

>So is there a myth to back that up? And while I'm on the subject -- who was
>Yelmalio's mother, anyway?

Umm, a very good question for whichever version of Elmal/Yelmalio you are dealing with. Don't have an answer.