Re: Yara Aranis

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:00:54 EST

Peter Larsen:

<< Oops, rereading of the relevant section ("Viramakradda" Fortunate Succession, p90) shows that the creature in question, Galgarenge, is not spiderlike at all. It has feathered wings, which is as much physical description as we get (maybe it's a large bird or a griffin). So my theory is a load of baloney. Sorry about that. On the other hand, Galarenge sounds like it has a taste for horses and, possibly, nomads, so it would have been a handy thing for the Red Emperor to find and wake up and sic on Sheng and Co.

    Galgarenge is the Dara Happan goddess of griffins. She gets a mention in Anaxial's Roster (pp 24-25) and also in GRoY. Griffins, as we know, like to eat horses...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky