Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #235

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:40:55 -0800

At 11:46 AM 1/27/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>On the other hand, Galarenge sounds
>like it has a taste for horses and, possibly, nomads, so it would have been
>a handy thing for the Red Emperor to find and wake up and sic on Sheng and
>Co.

SS had already taken care of this by slaughtering the griffin population.

>Does Hon-eel link herself to Maran Gor or to Ernalda
>(presumably via the Temple on Kodros Isle(?) noted in
>KoS). I had always assumed the latter.
No.

>Peter Metcalfe:
>>>Far less? Nope. Way boody.
>
>So what's the deal with maize? The other Grain Mothers seem happy enough
>without blood or (in Esrolia) a little high-quality blood.
I want to take a moment and point out something critical that often seems to displease people: logic has nothing to do with it. Just because the other grain goddesses appear to be worshipped one way does not mean that they are all worshipped the same way, or even in a similar way.

>What does HonEel
>need buckets of the stuff for? It would also suggest that maize is a poor
>cash crop; the supply of expendible people isn't inexhaustible (especially
>with the Bat and other hungry dependents around).
That is right.
>I've been on the french list for the first time and oh! someon's asking
>about the 3EB. In an answer someone mentioned a possible link between their
>secrets and the Book beyond Bronze (translat?) of the Loskalmi smiths'
>guild. Glorantha book says the metal of the sorcerer-knights' armors is a
>secret metal...

Yes, iron.

>Who did write this in the book? Is there an intended link?
It was written by a sorcerer smith.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #236