Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #237

From: plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:14:25 -0600 (CST)

Greg Stafford answers my questions almost before I ask them (spooky!):

> Peter put it very nicely here [blood and maize]:

Oh thanks, I really like this, and it neatly answers that big question I just posted; I was afraid you were contradicting Mr. Metcalfe's elegant answer.

> The equation of She Who Waits = Ernada is a HonEel construct or
> discovery
> that she used to screw the Tarshites. It is possible to "force"
> substitutions this way in HeroQuesting.

It's nice to know what construction HonEel used. It gives a flavor of how these things are done. Neat.

> >Is Yara Aranis also an avatar?
> No, absolutely not.
>
> >Is there a First Inspiration, or is that the Goddess herself?
> It is Glamour.

So "Inspiration" is a title, not a mythic state or something else? Titles personally given by the Emperor are probably mythic anyway. (And I suppose Glamour could be seen as a reflection of the Goddess....)

> Gonn Orta sized buckets [of blood, coming]!!

Well, good for JarEel. I'm sure her Mother will be very proud.

Peter Larsen