Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #245

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 00:05:20 +0200

On Fri, 02 Feb 2001, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Not all such secrets disappeared. In Aggar, there is the City of
> 10,000 Magicians. According to the Genertela Book p42, "Most of
> the sorcery throughout the Empire of the Wyrm Friends was studied
> and assembled here".

Yes, I'm aware of that place, but what makes you think that they were immune to the draconewts repossession of their knowledge. Past tense. What makes you think that they still stury those magics. Why would the Pure Golden Horde leave those that place uncleanced? Yes, I'm sure that some secrets survived, but no the kind of secrets that include dragons or dragonic thinking.

I think that you could find traces of Green Age Revivalism and the like there, but controlling the dragonewts! This is just the kind of knowledge that the dragons would have taken back or the horde would have destroyed (because it's corrupt).

Olli Kantola
- --
It's lovely to watch colorful shadows in the planets of the eternal light.

        -The Master