Re: FHQ

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:26:55 -0800

Peter Larsen

> > > There's also the question of whether the death of the FHQ
> > > "dethrones" the reigning King
> >
> > I don't believe so. The Luminous Stallion King and the FHQ aren't
> > linked in this way.
>
> The "King" in my statement meant the KoDP, not the Grazer king.
> Sorry for being
> vague. Although you'd think the KoDP would have an advantage in
> getting allies
> among the Grazers (and the Beastmen and the Dragonewts).

Oh. I think the death of the FHQ would bring the title into some doubt. I don't think the typical KoDP and FHQ are married in the normal sense (living together, sharing assets, etc.), but there would be a new Feathered Horse Queen with whom the former KoDP would not have exchanged ceremonial vows.

Remember that the FHQ doesn't speak for the Grazers in military matters. I'm sure there'd be an advantage, but no guarantee.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein