water sources in the golden age

From: Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_marconi.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:34:26 -0500

Howdy all,

If I understand correctly rivers are part of an invasion of the land during the darkness. If so there are few (none?) rivers before hand. Does this imply that Golden Age Dara Happan cities were all located near "standing water" (lakes, fresh water seas, etc)? If not, how did they get water? Was there rain before the Storm Gods? Was there a profession dedicated to digging wells and raising enough water from underground sources for cities and irrigation?

Since this strange question popped in my mind I've been plagued by thoughts of a group of Brithini that still do this sort of task, although "new fangled water sources" make it pointless. For the past few thousand years Bob the Brithini has hauled water from the same well, and he will continue doing so as long as the well doesn't run dry. If that means crossing a river to do so, so be it.

Yes, this is pointless speculation on my part.