Re: Sora Goodseller

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:54:26 -0800

Peter Larsen

> >However, even in KoDP, set before the foundation of Sartar, there are
> >professional merchants wandering from clan to clan across the breadth
> >of Dragon Pass - I'm thinking of the woman who sometimes shows up as a
>
> I think her name is Sora Goodseller. She seems to be the
>exception (there
>is only one of her, after all), and it isn't clear what her affiliations
>are.

You may notice that she is dressed differently from other Heortling women -- this is in part to show that she's an outsider of sorts (from somewhere back in the Holy Country).

BTW, she's based on my first-ever RuneQuest character.

>Perhaps she is associated with an Issarion clan somewhere (by
>extension, with an
>Issaries temple).

"Issarion clan?" This sounds like a clan of all Issaries members, which I don't think is what you mean. But I imagine even merchants who do much wandering have a home temple somewhere.

>if you screw the salt dealer too badly, your clan may find out that
>no merchants from that
>(temple?) will deal with your clan

You've read my Bad King Urgrain story? (I believe it was in the most recent Convulsion booklet.)

David Dunham dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein