troll & crossbows

From: Brad Furst <brad.furst_at_criticalpath.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:41:47 -0800

Thank you all for the confirmatory responses about trolls and bows.

         One more check: I understand why nearly all trolls won't use bows for mythological reasons. But does this also rule out crossbows? I see no record of Yelm/Sky cultists using crossbows (Am I ignorant?).

         I am unsure why there is no record of *any* maverick troll (or an Illuminated troll) *ever* using a bow.

         I am unsure why slings have less need of eyesight than bows.

> (consider that they continue using maces and mauls
> instead of edged weapons for much the same reasons)

While I appreciate the technogical reasons why slings are so much more abundant, I am unsure of the technological reasons why sometimes trolls (Zorak Zorani only?) *do* use swords but not bows.

Brad

"A red moon? Why don't you say blue buttocks?"