Trolls and iron

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:53:17 -0500

When I was a scientist working with the (British) police, one thing that stuck me was that uniformed police have as little as possible among their equipment which can be taken away and used as a weapon against them. When we wanted to give them hand-held computers for a project, we had to find hand-held computers which didn't hurt you if someone beat you over the head with them.

A Troll carrying an iron weapon is bringing to the fight a weapon which could be turned against him and his mates to horrid effect.

There are other reasons why trolls wouldn't use iron, but that one seems enough on its own.

Andrew