Trolls and weapons

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:00:11 +1300

Brad Furst:

>Are trolls hurt whenever they touch iron or just when the iron
>penetrates their skin?

It burns by mere touch. Aruzban Ironarm, a King in Ralios, likes to hold trolls in his iron arms and burn them slowly to death. FWIW I've been informed that his arms reach to the ground...

>Would a troll ever choose to use an iron
>weapon to combat an opponent which was a troll or an elf?

No.

> One more check: I understand why nearly all trolls won't use
>bows for mythological reasons. But does this also rule out
>crossbows? I see no record of Yelm/Sky cultists using crossbows (Am
>I ignorant?).

Crossbows are a mostali weapon. Trolls would not use them any more than they use other dwarvern magic.

>I am unsure of the technological reasons why sometimes
>trolls (Zorak Zorani only?) *do* use swords but not bows.

The sword-using trolls are Humakti from the Sazdorf Ruins. Zorak Zoran likes to beat people to death.