Gloranthan Season

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:50:30 +0900

>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:59:48 -0800
>From: Brad Furst <brad.furst_at_criticalpath.com>
>Subject: Calendar & Climate

>Please remind me. When in the Gloranthan calendar is the coldest
>time of year? When is the peak heat of the year?

Please think about difference of Glorantha and Real World. I now complex RW Africa and Europe, and Gloranthan Genertela and Pamaltela.

In RW, Earth is Ball. And we can see Sun rising and setting as before Copernicus and Galileo.
But if you see Seasonal Change of Hours of Sunshine as Primal Source of Variation of Climate, you should think it about Difference of Location on the Large Ball. On the RW Earth, seasonal change is derived from the Inclination of Earth Axis toward Sun. So there is difference of Hour Lengths of Sunshine, you can see the midnight sun in Russia in RW. And there is no season near the Equator.

But in Glorantha, there is no difference of Hour Lengths of Sunshine. If you can be and watch the length of Sunshine in Valind Glacier and Nargan Desert at the same time, there is no difference. In summer, Strong Ehilm passes through North Route over the Center of World of Magasta Pool. So in Summer, Pamaltela is far from Ehilm than Genertela. But Both Continent is same Summer, there is no difference like RW Europian Winter and Australia Summer. Genertela Summer is Pamaltela Summer.
And in Winter, Weak Ehilm passes through South Route over the Center of World. So in Winter, Pamaltela is near to Ehilm than Genertela.

Ehilm passes across Middle of Sky in the solstice. Gloranthan Seasons are more influenced from Gloranthan Magical Nature than Heat of Ehilm. Change of Inclination of Canopy influences more to Seasonal Temperature. (Spear of Balumbasta and Fire People of Pamalt, Valind Palace and Holliri)

>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:01:18 -0800
>From: Brad Furst <brad.furst_at_criticalpath.com>
>Subject: weekly sequence

>In the Gloranthan calendar, why does the Disorder/Harmony pair of
>weeks start each season? Why do Death/Fertility weeks come before
>the remainder?

>------------------------------

>Date: 14 Feb 2001 19:37:23 EST
>From: Peter Mcaveney <pmcaveney_at_usa.net>
>Subject: Terra's Musings

>Terra,

>In your last post, when you said 'Mandara', did you mean 'Mandala'?
>(e.g. a circular, symmetrical painting, like those done in sand by Tibetian
>monks?)

Yes, I should correct them.
I used this word not only in the meaning of RW esoteric Buddhism (which Carl G Jung had mentioned in the some of his workings.) but also that of RW Fu-Xi Taoism Symbol.
Both has some similarity to RW Europian Mosaic Arts for Highly Symbolized.