Yelmalio Temple Communication

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:04:19 +1300

Richard Crawley:

>[...] unfortunately missed the deft mental leap in my question which
>was actually about the seeming lack of communication between the Prax
>and Dragon Pass Sun Domes.

Oopsie. There was some communication back in Tarkalor's time but since then relations have cooled between them. The problem is over the issue of superiority. All Sun Dome temples owe respect and obedience to their parent temple. The vexed issue is: does Sun County owe such allegiance to the Dragon Pass Sun Dome?

On one hand, the Praxian Sun Domers use Monrogh's rituals that had been given to them by Varthanis Brighthelm who was a companion of Dorasar. On this ground, Prax owes allegiance to Dragon Pass.

On the other hand, the Praxian Sun Dome has had a long and proud history, boasting an unbroken lineage of counts right back to Arinsor Clearmind in the Imperial Age. The Dragon Pass temple has nothing to compare to this because as they were all Elmali a generation or two ago. Hence Prax does not owe allegiance to Dragon Pass.

Currently the "Prax is better" faction holds sway while Monrogh's association with Dragon Pass is conveniently forgotten. I dunno about the Dragon Pass Temple politics and what they feel about the whole matter.