Re: Leaving Babs Gor

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:05:42 -0600

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:22:14 -0500
> From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>

> In Glorantha, I suppose the question is whether there is any way out of BG
> once having joined it. One can imagine a woman who got to being able to
> carry out her revenge (perhaps even not going through with it) and had to
> work out what to do with the rest of her life. I assume she'd be apostate,
> but a hero might survive.

    When I did a write up of the cult a while ago, I included an option for women to leave the cult and return to Ernalda if they 'lost their anger'. Presumably, some B Gori eventually process the trauma or event which created the anger in the first place, and some of these women choose to leave the cult in favor of a more 'life positive' cult. There's likely a ritual involved to signify the transfer; perhaps it reactivates their menstral cycles.

Andrew E. Larsen