Re:Babeester Gor

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:56:00 GMT

>From: "John Hughes" <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
>
>Donald
>
>> I rather think it is a deliberate rejection of fertility
>
>Indeed. The question is in what way (if any) this rejection affects the
>worshipper.

Which is why I suggested that it is a magical form of sterilisation. I don't like Andrew's suggestion that it is reversible by rejoining Ernalda, while a devotee might regret the decision the Godess cannot change that way and would have no reason not to make it permanent.

>The cult is certainly small, but it's active and influential enough for it
>to be explicitly banned by the Lunars throughout Sartar, along with Orlanth
>and Urox.

That would be easy enough to achieve, one Lunar officer publically castrated and the BB Gor response to enquiries being "So what? he's a rapist." There's no way they could accept Lunar punishment of one of their members any more than the Lunars could accept such a treatment of an officer.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #275